Monday 13 July 2015

No Sir


No Sir are a five-piece hardcore/punk band from Santa Rosa, California that formed in 2011. They share members with a ton of bands, including Creative Adult, and have played shows with all the Bay Area hardcore greats, such as Dangers, Graf Orlock, Punch, Comadre, etc. With those to namedrop alone, you know this band has got something good going on. They play a really sludgy brand of hardcore, with a tone that walks the line between Flipper's abrasiveness and Black Sabbath's dark riffs. Throw in the anger and pace of Cursed, and voila, you've got No Sir. They've got a great atmospheric going on, with some really harsh vocals that really stand out, and an instrumental background that proves to be both dysphoric and energetic. Anyway, here's their fantastic debut EP and sole LP. Enjoy.

1. Welcome To The Holy Land
2. WRSHP
3. The Kingston Beat
4. Pharmacy City
5. Rat Boots

1. The Future Is Bright
2. The Crowd
3. C.A.L.I.F.O.R.N.I.A.
4. Anxiety Consumption
5. I Doubt I'll Ever Swim Again
6. Wet Worlds
7. I Pushed Back
8. Interlude
9. The Baseline Percentage
10. Bad Vibes
11. Mommy I'm A Good Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment