Friday 7 June 2013

Superheaven (formerly Daylight)

Let's keep this Run For Cover trend thing going. Daylight (now known as Superheaven) are a four-piece pop punk/alternative rock band from Doylestown, Pennsylvania that formed in 2008. Similarities are quite apparent between them and Title Fight, Balance And Composure, and Basement, but they certainly have their own sound. Their earlier material is a upbeat and catchy, but gruff, kind of akin to Hot Water Music. They developed and began taking influence from a plethora of 90's alt/indie bands, such as Nirvana, The Smashing Pumpkins, Alice In Chains, Built To Spill, Dinosaur Jr., and My Bloody Valentine. Their first full-length came out this year, titled Jar, and it's absolutely amazing. Everything else they've done is also definitely worth checking out. I'm missing their demo from 2008, so anyone has it, I will do unspeakable things for you to send it to me. So yeah, here's the fucking amazing Daylight:

1. Enough
2. The Best
3. You're Not My Father
4. Sinking
5. Seeing & Hearing

1. Selfish
2. Youth No More
3. Two Of A Kind

1. Untitled
2. Selfish
3. Two Of A Kind
4. Sinking
5. Seeing & Hearing

7. Cursed

1. On The Way To Dad's
2. Hungry At A Funeral
3. Damp

1. Sponge
2. Life In A Jar
3. Outside Of Me
4. Sheltered
5. Crawl
6. Last October
7. Youngest Daughter
8. Knew
9. No One's Deserving
10. Hole In The Ground
11. In On It
12. Around The Railing

2. Siblings

Note: Full comp here

1. I've Been Bored
2. Next to Nothing
3. Room
4. All the Pain
5. Leach
6. Downswing
7. Blur
8. Gushin' Blood
9. Dig Into Me
10. From the Chest Down
11. Poor Aileen

11 comments:

  1. This blog is awesome, thanks for recommend and share such good music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the demo is the same thing as sinking. it's not even different recordings as far as my memory serves me (I used to have the demo back then on my old computer)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see Cryings Disco in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for uploading. Now that what.cd is dead I have to rely on fine people like you again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG can´t believe i found code orange and daylight at the same place, you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. file dont exist anymore only 2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. TIME TRAVELERS or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN formerly of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL)

    ReplyDelete